We are committed to protecting the personal information we collect and hold when providing our service from inappropriate use or disclosure.
We comply with applicable privacy and personal information security laws in all jurisdictions where we operate and hold personal information on behalf of our users.
The following principles regulate the way we collect, use, disclose, store and share personal information.
What Information Do We Collect
We collect personal information from users when they access our service.
Some of this personal information may also be collected from people who:
- Request information on our service;
- Interact with us via our service;
- Correspond with us, including by email or phone;
- Contact our user support line;
- Receive a visit from one of our representatives;
- Report a malfunction; or
Make a complaint.
We collect personal information for many reasons, including to:
- Determine a user’s access privileges and views;
- Populate forms and templates created by our service;
- Bill our users;
- Sell and deliver other products and services;
- Process banking and credit card payments on behalf of users and other persons accessing forms and templates via our service;
- Respond to questions or requests for information and assistance;
- Send direct marketing material by email or post;
- Send out surveys or notify new feature and product releases;
- Enhance and improve our service;
- Keep a record of our dealings with each other;
- Comply with our legal obligations;
- Analyse the utilisation of and activity on our service; and
- Maintain an audit trail and record of the use of our service.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we will not be able to provide our service.
You can generally visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing other personal information. However, we do track general information about visitors to our website, including visiting domains and referring websites for the purposes of marketing and analytics.
Personal information collected by us will not be disclosed to third parties unless:
- You have given us your consent to do so;
- It is necessary for us to do so to fulfil the primary purposes for which we collected the personal information;
- You would reasonably expect us to disclose it for a related purpose, such as billing;
Third parties we will typically share personal information with includes our employees, contractors, authorised representatives and the service providers we use to provide and maintain our service and to conduct our business.
- Host or operate our servers;
- Develop and maintain our service;
- Provide mailing, shipping and courier operations;
- Provide legal, auditing, accountancy or other professional services;
- Provide insurance and loss adjusting services; and
- Provide billing and debt collecting functions and other outsourced business services.
Personal information about users (‘user records’) are stored on one or our servers and are accessed and processed by our application.
We not only collect information directly from users, but our service also enables users to collect information from other users and parties. The sort of information that may be collected by us or by users includes:
- Full names and addressed;
- Contact details;
- Dates of birth; and
- Personal financial information and government identifiers, such as drivers licence numbers, credit card numbers, tax file numbers, Medicare numbers and social security numbers.
Our users must seek the consent of their clients and customers prior to the collection of any personal information, and to inform them how their personal information may be collected, stored, used or disclosed.
The accuracy and currency of any data collected by a user is the sole responsibility of the user.
We rely on our users to destroy or de-identify personal information in user records when it is out of date or no longer needed for the purpose for which it was provided, unless a legal exception applies.
We operate in countries outside Australia, including New Zealand, Singapore, Hong, Kong, China and the United States. Cross border disclosures may occur if data is collected in one country but is hosted in another.
We maintain databases in different countries. Content and data entered and accessed via SYNTAQ.com is stored solely on servers based in the United States. Content and data entered and accessed via SYNTAQ.com.au is stored solely on servers based in the Commonwealth of Australia. Our production hardware in Australia is located within a purpose-built secure Data Centre compliant with ISO 27001 security standards and ASIO T4 intrusion detection requirements.
Content and data may pass through one or more jurisdictions when being accessed via the internet.
We may download content and data from our production servers to our development servers based in Australia for the purposes of developing and testing our service or for maintenance purposes.
We have in place security measures to protect personal information stored on our servers, including:
- Encryption of data sent over the internet;
- Industry standard methods for secure password creation and forgotten password retrieval; and
- Industry standard hardware firewalls, anti-spam and anti-virus filters.
All our staff are required to sign a confidentiality agreement before being granted access to personal information. All our staff are only able to access personal information for the intended purpose of providing technical support and related services to users of the service.
Accessing Your Personal Information
We are not responsible for the accuracy, completeness and currency of any information entered by users. Our users have a right of access to most personal information we hold about them and the right to correct or update such information. This right is subject to certain exceptions allowed by law.
To request access, please contact our privacy officer, whose contact details are set out below. All requests must be:
- In writing;
- State the name and address of the individual making the request; and
- Sufficiently identify the personal information to which access is sought and specify the form in which the individual wishes the information to be provided.
We will need to verify your identity before responding to your request in writing, and we will process it in a reasonable time. We may charge you a reasonable administrative fee to process your request and will advise you of this fee before responding to your request.
Prior to providing access, we will involve the user who created the data to verify identity, any limitations on access (such as a breach of third party confidentiality), and other relevant considerations.
We may need to refer your request to access personal information to one or more third parties for advice and assistance in meeting your request. You will be responsible for any costs and charges associated with the involvement of such third parties.
Queries And Complaints
The Privacy Officer, SYNTAQ Solutions Pty Ltd
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If we become aware of any ongoing concerns or problems, we will take these issues seriously and work to address these concerns with you. If, however, you are not satisfied with our response, you may make a complaint to the relevant authority in your country.
We may amend this policy from time to time, and we encourage you to check on the website for the most current version.